Sunday, I shared my dreams for this congregation at our meeting together . . .
Imagine . . .
- a place where inspiring Sunday Services draw diverse peoples in, providing comfort when we need comforting, and challenge when we need challenge.
- a place where a soul-stirring music ministry flourishes, to listen to and to be part of . . .
- a place where on-going and changing small-group ministry opportunities exist for us to plug into, so that we can each approach the meaning of “intimacy and ultimacy”
- a place of theological diversity where each can pursue our own spiritual path, supported by others
- a place of warm fellowship and thoughtful meditation, where all may speak, share and act on their own truth with one another, respectfully. a place where how we are with one another is consistently pastoral and caring, and the support we need during moments of struggle comes from a variety of sources
- a time when we are a continuously learning community where we reinvent ourselves in relevant ways in response to changing times
- a time when a variety of elder-adult, adult, family, youth and child centered religious education programs occur year-round for all of us
- a place that sustains our elders and draws on their wisdom
- a place that listens to our children and helps them grow into compassionate adults
- a place that supports our families as they raise our children and care for other family members
- the time when a variety of justice groups exist so that we can each choose that issue that irresistibly speaks most clearly to our core values, calling us to action