As we near the end of 2019, Shoreline looks back on a year filled with love and commitment – to each other, to our congregation and to our faith. As you consider year-end giving, we’re asking each of you to search within your heart for what Shoreline means to you. With your help, we will continue to be a voice of love, faith, justice, and reason, in the years ahead.
Here are ways to show your generosity all year long:
- Add $25 or any additional amount to your monthly pledge for the rest of our pledge year (June 30)
- Contribute to the Minister’s Discretionary Fund: Rev. Jeanne uses this fund to support our members and families with short-term emergencies. Checks can be made out to SUUS with Discretionary Fund in the memo line, or a donation may be made online by clicking here.
- If you shop online, be sure to sign up for Amazon Smile and iGive and declare Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Society as your designated charity, so that a portion of each purchase is donated to SUUS. For details, click on the icons below.
Below you will find information on how you can further support Shoreline UU. If you have questions, our Stewardship Chair, Mary Strieff or Treasurer, Neil Schultes are happy to provide answers and assist you.
To make a tax-deductible gift before the end of 2019:
- Your gift must be postmarked by December 31, or, if hand delivered, received at the church by December 31.
- You may also give online until 11:55 pm on December 31. To do so, visit www.shorelineunitarian.org/donate
To gift stocks, bonds, mutual funds:
Gifts of securities can be arranged by contacting the treasurer, or go to the Members log-in page and scroll down to the SUUS Asset Transfer Instructions document, or click here. Access your brokerage account online and complete their asset transfer form, or contact your broker in order to guarantee SUUS receives your gift by year-end.
To utilize your IRA or 401K:
If you 70 ½ or older and have a traditional IRA, or other retirement fund, consider making your year-end gift with a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD). The distribution can count toward your required minimum distribution (RMD) – and since money goes directly to the SUUS brokerage or bank account, your adjusted gross income will not increase.
Thank you for making Shoreline UU sustainable!
Please consult your tax adviser before making any major decisions that may have an impact on your tax liability.