Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Society: a unitarian church in Madison CT. We hope you will take time to explore the different ways to become involved and connected at Shoreline UU. If you are considering membership, we welcome you and we can help you along this path.
Regular attendance at worship services and church activities help people connect with members and friends who share our values and liberal faith. It is an opportunity to examine our principles and purposes and see how our lives can be enriched and we can enrich the lives of others.
- Shared Ministry
Participation in the life of the congregation may involve joining a committee or a social justice project, helping out in the religious education program, taking a leadership role, or serving the broader community through helping those in need.
Support our programs, congregational life and our church home by offering our time and talents. Support our fundraising events and make an annual financial pledge and contribution of record.
- Living Our Faith
Practice our Principles and Purpose not only on Sunday mornings but living our faith in every day life. Fulfill our commitment to social justice and serving our church as responsible members and in ways that are appropriate to the individual.
Preparing for Membership
There are many ways to prepare for membership. While you are welcome to join the congregation at any time, you are also encouraged to take whatever time you need to discern whether Shoreline Unitarian is your spiritual home. If you are interested in joining a unitarian church in Madison, CT, we hope you visit us to get to know us! Below are some of the ways you can become familiar with our congregation and deepen your understanding of Unitarian Universalism.
Informational meetings and social activities for newcomers and prospective members are scheduled throughout the year. Contact the Chair of Congregational Life Committee or Minister.
- Attend “New to SUUS/Pathway to Membership” gatherings and discussions. This class is facilitated by Rev. Jeanne Lloyd. and will focus on the history of Unitarian Universalism, our congregation, and our mission.
- Attend some of our activities and events. They may include a movie night, a potluck dinner, a book discussion, or field trip. Check our calendar for current listings.
- Volunteer in an area that interests you!
- Speak with someone from our Congregational Life Committee if you have any questions.
Joining Our Congregation
If you are ready to join:
- Speak with the Congregational Life Committee Chair about your interest in joining.
- Make an appointment with the Minister to discuss membership.
- Make a financial pledge and contribution of record to Shoreline UU.
- Sign our membership book.
- Participate in a New Member Ceremony.
Looking for a unitarian church in Madison CT? We welcome you! Together, we can accomplish those things we cannot accomplish alone; together, we can work to create our part of a new world of love, justice, and peace.