Hope you are all enjoying your summer. I’d like to share some information about our upcoming worship services in August:
August 1: Rev. Jennifer Johnson
August 8: Rev. Terry Sweetser
August 15: Rev. Aaron Stockwell
August 22: Rev. Megan Lloyd Joyner – “Begin Again in Love” – The Dalai Lama says that compassion is a necessity without which humanity will not survive. With Rev. Megan Lloyd Joiner we reflect on the theory and practice of accessing compassion for others. The secret, we soon discover, is to begin by offering compassion to ourselves.
Also, please SAVE THE DATE for our Regathering Service in person on September 12th followed by a congregational meeting which will include a vote on the Endowment draw for the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
We’ve completed the Re:Connect discussion group sessions, but we still hope to collect more feedback. If you weren’t able to attend one of the sessions and would like to provide input, please email Sue Schaedler at: email@example.com with your thoughts on these questions by August 14th:
- What aspects/activities of the SUUS experience over the past 15 months would you like to see continue as we regather in person?
- Is there anything you would rather not see continue as we regather in person?
- What aspect of pre-shutdown life at SUUS are you most looking forward to resuming?
- What concerns you about returning to in-person worship or other activities at SUUS?
- Other ideas or thoughts you would like to share?
- How might you be willing to help with regathering activities (training provided):
- Technical assistance: Zoom admin, white board technician
- Lay led worship service production
- Faith Formation leadership or assistance
- Coffee hour set up/clean up